Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Internal Resistance Investigation :: Papers

Internal Resistance Investigation I leave send the following investigation with the aim to find the internal resistance of a lemon battery, which I go away construct myself. The variables that could affect my try atomic number 18 as follows Size of lemon - I leave behind conduct my experiment in no longer than an hour, all(a)owing me to use the corresponding lemon for all results Size of metal electrodes - I forget use the take away same electrodes passim the whole experiment Length of any connecting wires - I will use the exact same wires throughout my experiment and will not break the circuit once I have started collecting info Resistance in the circuit - I will modify this utilise a highly sensitive variable resistor as shown in my method. To drive my experiment fair I will only vary the most relevant variable to what I am investigating, which is the resistance in the circuit. All the other variables will be kept the same throughout the experiment as stated above. In my experiment I will need to measure the terminal pd, V, and the Current, I (in amps), for many values of resistance, R (in W), I will measure these as I know that V=E-Ir so these argon the values that I need to know if I am to eventually calculate the batteries internal resistance. I think that to make my graphs and conclusions accurate I will need to take at least 10 measurements, covering the full range of the variable resistor I have available to me. To improve the accuracy of my experiment I will take my readings to the most decimal places as my voltmeter and ammeter will allow me. To do this I will need to make sure that I am using the milliamp/volt or 2 amp/volt background signal on my meters. As I said before I will also do all I can to ensure that no other variables other that the one I am investigating are varied at any time during the experiment. It is hard to determine the exact resistance that a variable resistor is set at

No comments:

Post a Comment